100 g of Mopani worms
2 Tomatoes (chopped into small pieces)
1 Small onion chopped
2 tbsp Butter
½ Cup of boiling water
1 Cup of cold water
Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Cover the Mopani worms with boiling water and leave to soak for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
- Chop the onion and tomatoes separately into small pieces or use a blender for a smoother texture.
- Heat a non-stick on medium heat and fry the onion until golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes for another 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the Mopani worm water and your seasoning to the tomato and onion mix.
- Add ½ cup of water, allow to boil and then simmer until the it thickens.
- Serve it with pap, couscous, rice or bread.
TIP TO IMPROVE THE STEW